Movies impressions

Okay, this is so outdated for Troy has been in my laptop for like centuries and I just made the effort to watch it recently. Having watched Troy, my first impression (and unfortunately, it lasted) was Paris being such an unimportant character in that Great War between Troy and Greece. For god’s sake, he can't fight, he never killed anyone, he kept boasting about love and honor, and he put his family and nation in danger just because of one unimportant girl. Bikin marah de nontonnya. Such a lousy coward yang mengumbar-ngumbar kata cinta dmana-mana, cih! Thank heavens this character is played by Orlando Bloom.

In the other hand, both character Hector and Achilles were such impressive personas, they made me stay watching it till the end. Yay for Brad Pitt's butt all over the movie =P I mean, we all got to admit, he /is/ one sexy daddy =D

And next, having watch lots of Brad Pitt's movie these days, I need to admit that he is one talented actor. In Burn After Reading, he played as this moronic well-toned-body gymnast who might be (I dare to assume) having a lil bit challenge. His brain, I mean. He made me laugh, actually, for the character was played nicely as a cute-yet-dumb muscle-with-no-brain young man.

Burn After Reading itself, in my humble opinion, is another non-essential movie material who has no meaning. I didn't mean it in a bad way; I meant it in a worse way. Maybe that's the ideology of movie, I dunno, but still, Burn After Reading was less bad than Seven Pounds.

We move onto the next one, Seven Pounds. This is Will Smith's pretty latest movie I watched after Hancock and Pursuit of Happiness. I don't like it. Its total rubbish and so boring for like 90% of the time. It's predictable, which I hate. It's too determined to be a sad movie, which I hate. And it's out of the context, again, which I hate.

It could be a lot better for a story about a man who needs to redeem himself. Dun get it, dun like it, not even moved by it. Why wasting your life just because you want to have a peaceful mind? Hate suicidal theme, especially those Harakiri Japanese's style, even if you have to take your life out, at least take another life of your enemy with you. Geez! And him, why should he kill himself? Let nature take control and all you have to do is sign up on those donor program or sumtin. Who is that girl? Did she worth the life more than him? No! Whose fool decision is that? Even writing the review of this film made me mad. I prefer Australia a lot lot more.

Now, Australia, a Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman's duet. I always wondered why Nicole (almost) always got paired with a hunk. Hahahaha, love her cliché character. That woman, Mrs. Boss, reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara type of girl, so ladylike despite the circumstances. The conflict, between her and The Drover (Hugh Jackman) is also a cliché conflict from Gone With The Wind. What’s up with the current movies plagiarized the old movies pattern?

Despite the entire cliché thing, I love the main idea about the stolen generation. Half-caste boys and girls, no white nor black, creamy and all it’s calling. Interesting. Never knew that there was dark age in my neighbor’s country. As for the line, "I sing you to me", I dunno, I always ended up with teary eyes every time that line was mentioned. So moving and yet so optimistic. Love it.

Hmm, another movie that lasted an impression upon me is The Talented Mr. Ripley. At first, I just want to skip the whole scene for it's just a subtitle repairing mission that I'm about to do. But I ended up watching the whole movie. And my oh my, isn’t Matt Damon one talented actor indeed? Never really fond of that guy actually. In fact, maybe I'm one of those rare people who haven't even watched The Bourne Trilogy. Not even one. But in The Talented Mr. Ripley, Matt Damon played wonderful, and his co-stars are also amazing. Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Jack Davenport, etc. Yay, it's like watching "Who They Were" show in E!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayam Suwe

Weird

Years we have had