Movieeees of August

*yawn* How so heavily sleepy I am. Damn the whole conversation about men’s and women’s game last night. After the crazy non-skinny dipping incident yesterday, I thought I may deserve a bit of rest. Anyway, for the sake of my sanity, these were the high note movies that I’ve seen in the past couple of weeks.

The Boy in Stripped Pajama
At first, I watched it with a bit of uninterested mood actually. Since I’ve seen Beautiful Life and many kinds of Nazis movies, I expected this one was no different than the others. It was less dramatic than I thought, and the tragedy was not up to my par, actually. But it got a nice quite ending, no blood spill, though. Too bad. The Boy in Stripped Pajama was about a friendship between German’s Arian and Jews kid. Their world was separated by an electrical fence and different dress code. This odd friendship grew into something else entirely. The End. Still, I loved the prolog note; the world of children is filled with color and music until the reasoning of adultery came, or something like that.

The Oxford Murderer
I got this movie from a friend of mine. It’s about how math influenced our lives all, including one specific murder case involving a math professor and one talented math student (?). I dunno, I can’t really recall, it’s been weeks since I watched it. Anyway, while I wrote this, I recalled something similar to this movie. Have you seen Galileo the Movie? It’s a Japanese production, and the movie version was so damn impressive. The physics God versus Math genius. Scary movie, since I’ve touched the very subject of logical mathematic when I was in college. To think that someone could bend the theory and applied it into the real world onto his own interest is scary enough.

The Green Mile
It’s a cute movie. I often said, “Aaaw” every time John Coffie character showed up in any scene. Adorable character, really. The Green Mile is about a death row prisoners who were about to face their ultimate punishment, an electric chair. Thus, the prison guards were trained to be one calm persona in order to keep their calm manner intact. Or something like that. It all changes until John Coffie arrived. Wow, what a line, really reminded me of The Shawshanks Redemption, it all changes til Andy Dufraine came.

Fast and Furious 4
Ah, a nice refreshing one after a series of serious movies I’ve had. What a freaking lighter theme, with all those muscles and sports cars and races and eventually cutie face of Paul Walker. Hahahahaha. I am one of those people who haven’t watch any Fast and Furious previous series, all three of them. So I think this fourth one is quite nice since I don’t really need to watch the first episode. Ain’t it?

Penelope
Some friends of mine told me that it’s not really an interesting movie. But being a big fan of McAvoy myself, I blindly watched every single movies of him, as many as I could. Blame me! This is a story of nowadays fairy tale, about a blue-blood girl who was being cursed to have piggy nose and ears till someone of her own kind loved her for who she really is. The male hero is James McAvoy, and that’s that. The End.

Love Me If You Dare
Yay! France movie! Love it, love every scene in it, all but the confusing ending. Honestly, I miss this sort of simple plot like this one. Finaaally! Anyway, it's about a boy, Julien, and a girl, Sophie, playing truth or dare (minus the truth) games as long as they could remember. Since the very age of six, and it continued till they got married. Crazy movie, my favourite scene was (spoiler alert) when Sophie dared Julien to hurt her feeling, since there's nothing could ever hurt her feeling, not even when Julien gave her condom when she claimed that she's going to have a lesson practiced with male (with the knowledge that Julien knows she's in love with him). Mantab! Adegannya bikin gue tzziiiiing. Sakit abis!

The Other Boleyn Girl
Every single reviewer that I know told me that this movie is about two Boleyn sisters fighting for the love of one king. I disagree. It's about one greedy and ambitious uncle interfering with his sister's family and practically ruin their future. It's also about one sleazy and pathetic king who can't even figure out his own feeling towards women. (What a moronic king!) And it's also about a sad life of one Boleyn's son named George Boleyn, whose love toward his sisters put him in misery forever. Padahal si George ini so amazingly kind and loveable and adorable and responsible and cute! Bete gue kalo inget endingnya. But this movie is not bad, except for its slow pace of scenes. Kinda tiring but it's okay.

Honetly, there's plenty of others that I have watched, but none worth to review in my humble opinion. Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Persepolis, Vicky Christina Barcelona, A Night in the Museum (oh yeah, warm movie!), etc. See you at the next recap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayam Suwe

Weird

Years we have had