Fireproof


If I haven't told you that you are a good man, you are..
If I haven't told you that I have forgiven you, I have..
If I haven't told you that I love you, I do..

Dang, it's been so long since I wept over movies like this one. Last time I remember, I cried upon Evan Almighty for the very same reason, because I believe something touches me. Something beyond my thought, my conscious, my imagination. It might be God. It might.

Anyway, Fireproof is a movie that has been circled around my office for quite some time, but I didn't get the mood or time to watch it. Then, I found the very same movie in my friend's laptop, and it's kinda startled me. What exactly is this movie all about?

It's not a mainstream movie, I suppose. You just know it. From the directing, the music theme, the camera angle. Even the plot is quite cheesy. At least that was what I thought at first. It's about two people worked out their marriage. And the father in-law gave the husband a 'love diary', in which he gotta do what's written inside for 40 days. Each day contains a new attitude. How I loved to have the same courage like the husband character did. It's not easy to love unconditionally. God is a damn good example on that. And yes, it's quite a religious movie, a new kind of movie I ever watched, actually. But none too heavy.

Another quote I really dig on the movie was
When a man is trying to win the heart of a woman, he studies her. He learns her likes, dislikes, habits and hobbies. But after he wins her heart and married her, he often stops learning about her. If the amount he studied her before marriage was equal to high school degree, he should continue to learn about her until he gains the college degree. A master degree. And ultimately a doctor degree. It is a lifelong journey that draws his heart ever closer to hers.


A pretty good concept, indeed. And I do believe that it is not only the husband who should work out the marriage. It's gotta be on both sides. That's exactly why I also love the following quote:

Something is changing in you, and I want what happened to you happen to me.


Yeaaah, too many sweet quotes I loved in this movie =_= Deep movie, deep movie.

Is it too late for me to ask you to grow old with me?

If he is trying to woo you while you're still married, what makes you think he won't do that with someone else?

A: What day are you on?
B: 43.
A: *confused* There's only 40.
B: I wished I had to stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weird

Ayam Suwe

Years we have had