New Year New Perspective

I am now in the second year of being a manager in my office. A decision that I hope my bosses wouldn't come to regret. Hahaha. But they offered me a challenge of series of KPIs so that I have the chance to become a Senior Manager. Lets see if I am up for it or not.

But firstly, I joined a very interesting and helpful series of training from Asiaworks starting in last January. I think the training got bad reviews from somewhere in the internet, but I didn't read it so far because I think people are entitled to their opinion. But for me, the trainer (and its trainings) helped me to look at things at new perspective. That is the most impactful lesson of the training. It raised my level of self awareness and helped me to explain why I did things the way I did. So I can change it if I thought it wasn't effective. Very cool experience of a training.

Also, i know more people that I can possibly know in the span of two months. Various people of various background, e.g. play artist, creative directors, architects, illustrators, health service people, doctors, entrepreneurs, all kinds of people. I love it. I love them all, especially people from the Advance training because I got to know them better. I have new friends from Medan, even. A couple of husband and wife who has been through failed marriage for three times and now got together with 5 kids. Amazing. Both have amazing personalities, but even they got something from the training.

Anyway. My life at the office should improve by now, hahaha, because I reacted at things differently now. More positive, more responsible (except for the microwave I blew up last week OMG what a classic me! Hahaha), and more caring than I used to. I hope.

Lots of people reminding me of my goals, lots of people care about my health, so it is time for me to care for others as well. Starting from my mom. Nowadays I call her and explicitly told her that I love her, a gesture that is considered very weird and awkward in my family but heck I did it anyway. I think she also gets it because these days when she talked with me, her tone is much more soothing and calm and not annoyed or madly hysterical making her blood tension level up. I talked with people more often because I realize the fear of rejection is just in my head. Then next is my apartment along with the roommate. Hahah, the closest things usually are the most left out things. I will ensure it will not be the case.

I have arranged a new trip to Morocco this year. The longest trip I arranged so far, three freakin weeks. Ow what the fuck, go for it anyway! I had my annual leave especially for this but if it is not enough, I will apply for one month unpaid leave.

What else, oh yeah, driving class and swimming lesson. Baby steps, my! Baby steps.

I also will take more mature decision about my love life. I will support the guy that I choose and giving him feedback if I think it's necessary. I will no more be the whining adolescent who expects ready product of something.

If not now, then when. Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayam Suwe

Weird

Years we have had