Screen Time

Okay.

Off we go with several movies I’ve noted as movies that left me wanting more with creepy-haunted feeling and obviously deep impression.

Firstly, CONFESSIONS. It’s a Japanese movie and it won several awards since its debut in 2010. I have to admit I paid little attention to this one and that’s why it’s sitting for quite a while in my external drive. But hell yeah it delivers. Damn, I LOVE school-based movies. Like I always said. Over and over. It might be something in the water I drink, I guess. Not to mention this movie is a dark themed one. Oh what have I done to deserve this privilege? *whispering thank you to in-charge upstairs*

It’s basically about confession from string of people, started with one female homeroom teacher. It’s about the death of her child. Ruled as accident by the cop, she took things into her own hands. It’s really amazing how high the juvenile rate is in Japan and to connect it to the bullying-suicidal reference, so interesting. I love it. I love crazy psychopath character cause they’re mostly anything but plain. Especially when the crime is done by junior high-schooler. Yay for creepy points.

The added bonus that I might add is the soundtrack usage in this movie. It’s mostly western song, sometimes a cute song in the middle of really awkward moment (e.g. when the entire class coped with the truth told by their teacher, they danced instead using, “That’s the way, aha aha.. I like it.. aha aha..”), sometimes simply a beautiful instrumental song during slo-mo scenes. Adore it. Great cinematography.

Secondly, more down-to-earth no-intelligence-needed kind of movie, THIS MEANS WAR. Yaaaay! I love the premise, it’s basically two guys fighting over a girl (oh-so-classic, I love it), the added layer is that they’re both CIA agents and they’re actually using company resources to create a coup. Very entertaining. I mean, I’m not sure such thing is even legal, company policy misconduct, inappropriate usage of company’s resources, life poking and being privy to someone else’s privacy, etc. Phew.

Tom Hardy is way better than Chris Pine, by the way. That man is hot. Even when he’s simply walking, he’s hot. His accent is hot and he’s waaaaaaaaaaay more gentleman and sweeter than Chris’s Pine character. Bleh. I know some movies like to accentuate the bad-ass and playboy guy as something more desirable, but Chris Pine is plainly a jerk. Period. Not a hot jerk, only a jerk. Just because he got some sad background story added to his layer of stories, then the girl would automatically fall for it? ~Ngok.. People needs to sort their mind out and put priorities to character’s chemistry and boring stuff such as manner, attitude, heart and obviously looks. Hahahahahaha.

Let’s see.. what other movies I watched recently? THE DESCENDANTS. George Clooney. Not bad. It’s about a guy trying to understand his children and to let go of his wife, and by that I mean to plug out the life support system from her body in the hospital. The only thing left is that after all this time he thought he’s the one being the bad husband (you know, that typical guy-case, workaholic, ignorant father, blah blah), his wife is actually having an affair. *eaaa*

What else? What else?

Oh yeah.. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN. Honestly, I would never know this one if not for my colleague. She has the same amount of wicked mind as I do. Hahaha. Once, it was promoted in this movie-magazine article, she showed it to me… and years later, she downloaded it. Impressive.

The story is about a mother’s point-of-view, whose child is the prime suspect of mass-killing in his junior high (or is it a high school?). Cool, eh? This one is based on a book. It’s basically taking us through her past life, when she was an achieved and successful traveler. But after she got pregnant, everything changed. She wondered whether her kid being the psychopath has anything to do with her early rejection during pregnancy or is the kid purely sick and evil. It’s pretty nice since it got me thinking. I mean, yeah, mostly most of murderer slash terrorist slash psychopath came from a wrecked home situation, aren’t they? Or is it just people trying to blame at something?

I love movies that got me do the additional research, hahaha. Since I have different interpretation with the scene, I seriously googled it and trying to find the missing piece. I mean, did he made her sister blind? Why? Okay, not so much of a “why” but WHENNN??

Comments

pomponette! said…
Grr...banyak spoiler... ga ada warningnya nih -__-
indigo wine said…
yang mana? This Means War? Does it even count? xD

Popular posts from this blog

Ayam Suwe

Weird

Years we have had