Mama

Yesterday I had a consultation session with my psychologist and we talked about the comment I made of roles of a woman, roles of me: as a sister, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mom. And the fact that I am no longer assume two of those roles, which made me blue a bit especially about the part of no longer being a daughter. She encouraged me to explore why I feel the way I feel and lo and behold, I did made a writing about it approximately a month after her death.

And here we go…

5 May 2020

I still have pang of guilt and hurt feeling of missing someone sometimes at night (or in the middle of the day) when I remembered my mom.

I really really wish she is in peaceful place right now, free of pain and happy with all of our loved ones, including my dad. 

Even at this age, I am sometimes still not sure how to proceed life without the comfort of knowing that my mom is still there, ready to take my call anytime anywhere. I still have that realization feeling at times that now I will not be able to get her random things from my trips, or to take her call just to told me to be grateful, or to hear her nagging me to go to Church, or to argue with her about things, or to ask her how to tend to my future children. She may not be a perfect mom, but she was good to me, to all of her children. And that is enough. 

When we combed through her stuff, sometimes I felt like I never know some part of her life, especially when she was young. We never talked about it. Or maybe, when she talked about it, I brushed it off. We may not talk about financial thing, about health thing, about private things as often as we should, and I remembered feeling curious on how can we survive with her having no steady income. But she apparently was a meticulous person, who was always saving money whenever she can. She never ask for anything throughout her life, except for that one thing, one trip to Jerusalem and that hurts me when I remembered it. So, yes, everything about her passing still pains me. But that is my treasured feeling, because that means I still can picture her clearly in my mind. 

 I hope she has no regrets in her life, because what we are right now, it is all because of her. 

 I love you, ma, we all do. Rest in peace and till we meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cross the Road in Margonda

Marathon

Dolphin Racing in Kiluan