Years we have had

There are always those little bit of moments that reminded us that life is sweet. Like a couple of days ago, colleague of mine asked about some Sentinel stuff, and someone responded swiftly because he just went through the exact same thing. When I teased him about it, since he ended up not going with the client he's checking the Sentinel with, he said, "This is why I believe everything in life happens for a reason." It made me stopped, and smile, and felt that little reminder that yeah life mysteriously works that way. 

Yesterday, I watched a movie called All The Bright Places, starred Elle Fanning. I watched her YT video on Variety channel -Actor on Actor- with Jenna Ortega and I was impressed by how she carries herself throughout the talk, so young yet so mature. Jenna Ortega also did the same, with more vulnerable emotions displayed and I can totally feel her. But "Wednesday" is already my favorite Netflix series, so I've seen Jenna. But Elle Fanning? Haven't seen much of her works, or ones that I can remember, so I picked this movie.

I thought it's going to be typical romcom Netflix show so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was not. 

It was about a boy who was intrigued by a girl in his school that just experienced loss of sister. They met on a bridge where the girl is standing on a ledge, seemingly about to jump. Her sister died in a car accident and she then pulled herself out of social relationship. Never going out, not so much of a hangout, party, etc. They got class assignment to wander the state of Indiana to look for the wonders (you know, like world wonders but it's Indiana scale). He showed her places, damn unique one if I can say, and slowly opening her heart out to go out and explore. 

The boy got his own issue, and it's mental health with no labels. He often went blank and his body did something that seems out of his controls, like throwing a chair to his classmates or beating up a guy to a pulp. He has his own struggle and boy I can relate. His despair of seeking the source of his behaviors, him wanting to go to secluded places to calm down, his worry of scaring his loved ones, all of those in a teenager's mind. 

So yeah, the movie is sweet and thoughtful like I said in my IG. But it's much more than that. The movie got some of the memorable lines, too. And it's bittersweet.

"You are all the colors in one. At full brightness."

Anyway, what is the correlation between Sentinel saga and the movie, you'd ask? Nothing. It just random reminder for me that life is interesting, and worth to be cherished. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayam Suwe

Weird